Wednesday 22 October 2014

Hope For Creativity ~ Take 2!

Well after an eventful end to my last attempt I tried again. I was feeling desperate and irritated at the waste of time and initially messed about with some other ideas. I won't show you the awful outcome, but I now know my talents do not cover unicorns, butterflies, mermaids or generally anything that could ever be termed animal.
Onwards and upwards, I decided to stick with my initial sketches. In the process I also discovered that my 'talents' do not cover repeating the same image. This time my idealistic older lady turned out more Manga than the realism I prefer to attempt, but strapped for time I just went with it.











I lost some of the clear lines adding in laughter lines and crinkles, but I did have my heart set on the juxtaposition between the old physique and youthful dream. The background was set to be a girly marled pink and purple.


An all over light grey wash for the hair and slight sallow of the skin tone and shading. You can see from the hair area where some of the oil staining had made it through, but I was ready for fun part!



Time for some honesty, these fairies were the result of raiding my nine year old daughters nail polish supplies. Despite them being very simplistic (the safest way for my abilities!) I was incredibly pleased with how they turned. My daughter less so as they apparently looked nothing like Tinkerbell, however I grew up with less Disney than she. Fairies will be what ever I want them to be, she's lucky to get her nail polish back.



My three little flying fairies, so stylised its almost lazy!
But my little gold fairy is my favourite, there's something relaxed and slightly wistful about her watching over the sleeping lady, while the rest fly around them.














 Next up the wings in pale blue (Minnie Mouse polish no less!) and trails of gold glitter to show flight patterns and to suggest other fairies flying around. The polish was hard to get clear definition with, but dreams can be hazy, my great excuse.

My special little fairy deserved the extra coat of the palest pink to her wings. I was a little impressed at the unintentional 3-D aspect the polish gave them. I love how it turned out, but I'm still unsure of the style change.



Now a bit about the charity itself and the kind hearted genius behind it all!

Founded by Moira Landry, Hope for Creativity is a non- profit charity organisation aimed at providing art supplies to children in homeless shelters. Since 2009 she has personally delivered thousands of art packs to homeless shelters in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and at 17 was named as a Distinguished Finalist by the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards. She fully supports her charity and raises the awareness of homelessness and the affect on children in particular.

"I believed, that if I could give a child experiencing homelessness something new that was meant just for them, at a time when they were used to having to give up things, it might change their lives."   

This year 27 artists from 12 states and 5 different countries, submitted their respective talents, to produce amazing designs, for an online action. Following on from last years theme; "Engage in Boundless Expression",  2014 welcomes the theme "Dream"


Check out the links below and do your bit to support a great charity and an inspirational teenager.
Auction site
My Palette
Website
Facebook
Etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment