Thursday 22 October 2015

Hope For Creativity 2015


Founded by Moira Landry, Hope for Creativity is a non- profit charity organisation aimed at providing art supplies to children in homeless shelters. Since 2009 she has personally delivered thousands of art packs to homeless shelters in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and at 17 was named as a Distinguished Finalist by the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards. She fully supports her charity and raises the awareness of homelessness and the affect on children in particular.


"I believed, that if I could give a child experiencing homelessness something new that was meant just for them, at a time when they were used to having to give up things, it might change their lives."   

This year 24 artists from all over the world submitted their respective talents, to produce amazing designs, for an online action. Following on from last years theme; "Dream" and the previous years "Engage in Boundless Expression",  2015 welcomes the theme "Unity"






After plotting through a few ideas I thought I might be capable of a combined face with global landmarks.








My imagination wasn't quite as good as the reality.








However I was impressed at the simplistic images of the landmarks and how well they turned out.






Even in full colour it still didn't live up to my expectations so it was back to the drawing board for me.







When I say drawing board I really mean messy kitchen working surface, covered with assorted bits and pieces!







My initial sketch ideas were very rough but seemed better for my lack of talents.









The essential tools of PVA and silver tape that no art set should be without, ideal for all robot costume emergencies.





A messy skin toned background to simulate a crowd, with everyone's favourite way of keeping in touch in the fore ground.

Unity: "Hiding yourself behind a wall of social media whilst pretending to be better connected with the world and everyone in it."






This year I had two lovely helpers that want to join in next year. My 10 and 4 year old girls contributed these, which now have pride of place on the kitchen wall.


















Check out the links below and do your bit to support a great charity and an inspirational teenager.
Website
Facebook
Etsy store
Auction
My pallette

No comments:

Post a Comment