Monday 17 October 2016

Alpro Smoothie Cold Cups Review


Recently I have won a competition (from Asda), the chance to receive 1 of 1000 Alpro Smoothie Cold Cups.
Now due to feeling unloved by my postie I've been upping my competition entries, it's nice to have surprise presents! This little win was definitely a surprise as I'd forgotten all about it.



If I'd thought about being a winner then I would have expected a simple plastic beaker. But Alpro don't do anything by halves, they sent lucky old me a goody box! 
Real thought went into the whole package with bright vibrant graphics on the outside and fitted cardboard holding both the beaker and a carton of Alpro Coconut milk firmly in place. Even  a little recipe book for inspiration.




I must admit I was very impressed with the quality of the double walled beaker to keep your smoothie chilled for longer, a screw top and a thick reusable straw. 
It is sturdy and more childproof than I would have expected, the lovely pictographs of possible smoothie contents are another nice touch.


The recipe book was 'interesting', personally I disagree with any vegetable that resembles a tree being on my plate never mind in my drink! Salad and stew veggies aside it was nice to see the combinations suggested. Maybe for Halloween Trick or Treaters?


Well not one to waste a photo opportunity, I whizzed up some lovely summer fruits and berries and added a splash of coconut milk. In doings I discovered a few pointers: Add raspberries and that will be all you can taste. Add too much coconut milk and again that's all you can taste.



Still with a little practice I've managed to nail perfect fruity combinations which the kids love and I add ice-cream to make it even better. Health food is better when snuck into a diet.

Speaking of diets here's all the important information on the coconut milks yummy goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment