Sunday 29 January 2017

Bon Giovi at Lanark Memorial Hall

Well a bright spot in a traditionally dull and dreary January is a child free night of freedom, and this night surpassed all others. Pre-xmas I had chanced upon a Bon Jovi tribute band playing my local Memorial Hall (Lanark) so tickets were booked and a babysitter arranged to see Bon Giovi

I must admit with all the drama of frantic shopping and xmas prepping I almost forgot about what was going to be an outstanding night.





Proudly claiming to be the World's best Bon Jovi tribute band from the UK, a fact I can't dispute! They have been established. for 17 years and performed in 25 countries. 


The members include; Andrea Ojano a visually stunning look and sound-a-like of Jon Bon Jovi, fantastic guitarist Dean Harris as Richie Sambora, Wayne Harris as David Bryan, James Wright as Tico Torres, James Crofts as Hugh McDonald.




Being a little (embarrassingly sad) fan I chose front row seats, additionally to mortify my better half  I fan-girled my heart out willing posing with the cardboard prop handed round at half time. I drew the line at getting up dancing though, perhaps I should have visited the bar more often, but I wasn't feeling brave like so many others.


I really did have a ball, the place was bouncing with ecstatic fans of both sexes, even the staff seemed to be enjoying it.


My only issue was that in the first half the music seemed to be substantially louder than the voices, perhaps a setting not quite fixed.


In addition the over use of the 'smoke' machine spraying out that fine mist to create atmosphere played havoc with my asthma, not that anyone was too concerned with my wheezing in the lobby.
All in a fantastic exciting night for anyone looking to blow the January blues away. For the measly sum of £15 per ticket who wouldn't be impressed. Now to rewatch the videos and wait patiently until they return!





Bon Giovi Facebook
Bon Giovi Website
Cultural Activities in South Lanarkshire Facebook 
Box Office for Lanark Memorial Hall




No comments:

Post a Comment